2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Data from people we actually know are under 18 years old, and no part of the Site or Services is designed to attract people under 18 years old. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years old, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Data from our databases.
3. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site, when you send us information or communications, or when you use our Services. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
4.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data from you that you voluntarily provide, such as your first and last name, and e-mail addresses when you request to receive email notification, newsletters, or other information from us or our partners. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to information posted on the Site), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and certain information that you have requested. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. We may also collect Personal Data, such as demographic information, from you at other points in our Site or Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
4.2 Data Collected Via Technology.
(b) An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We, or our service providers, may track your IP Address when you access the Site or Services.
(c) "Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer's hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with the Site or Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Site or Services may not work properly.
5. USE OF YOUR DATA
5.1 General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. For example, we may use your Personal Data to provide improved administration of our Site and Services, and improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site, send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories, respond to your inquiries or other requests regarding information such as electronic newsletters, and special offers related to our Site and Services and for other marketing purposes of Cardioxyl or our Third Party Companies, should you opt-in to receive such communications by following the instructions we provide.
5.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the Site and Services and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to Third Party Companies in its discretion.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.2 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), we may disclose Personal Data if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Cardioxyl; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Cardioxyl or users of the Site or Services.
7. THIRD PARTIES
7.1 Personal and/or Anonymous Data Collected by Third Parties.
7.2 Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from the Site or Services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers, in order to provide you with the Site and Services, to conduct quality assurance testing, to provide technical support or to provide specific services. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Cardioxyl. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing the Site, Services and related services to you.
7.3 Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with Third Party Companies. A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to Third Party Companies for the Third Party Companies' own direct marketing purposes, unless you have "opted-in" by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of our Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
8. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8.2 Changes to Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by contacting us at email@example.com and specifying the information you wish to have deleted, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Cardioxyl is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite such efforts, however, please note that no company, including us, can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of your Personal Data; unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal data or non-personal data arising in connection with the theft thereof.